At Caedmon Primary School, our vision is to:
- Create a happy, safe and inspirational environment where all of our children can thrive.
- Ensure all children have a voice and differing needs are acknowledged, accepted and fully met.
- Prepare our children for the next stage in their learning, developing independence, resilience, self-belief and respect for one another so they can be successful both now and in the future.
- Provide memorable learning experiences that are full of special moments which will develop inquisitive minds, a love of learning and prepare our children for the world around them.
- Deliver an exciting and creative curriculum that is aspirational for pupils and develops the whole child. Our curriculum aims to develop a range of knowledge and skills through an enquiry-based, child-led approach where children view mistakes as a learning tool.
- Establish a highly valued, knowledgeable and inspirational school team who are strong roles models for our children and who create a supportive and nurturing environment for them to learn and grow.
- Be the heart of the community with parents welcomed in regularly to work alongside their children, celebrate their successes and where strong home/school partnerships are established to help our children be the best they can be.
As well as all of the above, we want all of our children to develop the ‘Caedmon Characteristics’:
At Caedmon we CARE:
- Confident – We are successful because we are resilient and confident in ourselves and our abilities. We never give up!
- Ambitious – We want to be successful and always achieve our best.
- Respectful – We are always kind, polite and friendly to one another and accept each other for who we are.
- Engaged – We are eager and ready to learn. We contribute in all our lessons with enthusiasm and positivity.