30 Hours Childcare
Some children will be eligible for extended childcare, which is up to 30 hours a week term time. The 30 hours free childcare is intended to support working parents with the cost of childcare and enable parents, where they wish, to return to work or to work additional hours.
The following criteria will apply;
- both parents must be working (or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family), and each parent earns a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage or living wage, and less than £100,000 per year
- working will include employed and self-employed persons
- in general families where one parent does not work (or neither parent works) will not be eligible for these additional hours
- both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity or paternity leave
- both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on adoption leave
- both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on statutory sick pay
- one parent is employed and one parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring or one parent is employed and one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits
For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare
At Caedmon Primary School, we are offering working parents of 3 and 4 year olds the opportunity to apply for 30 hours free childcare. Children can attend for the following sessions:
Morning session: 8.40am-11.40am
Lunch: 11.40am-12.15pm (there is a charge for supervision during this period of time – £1.00 for children that bring a packed lunch, £3.00 for children that have a school meal)
Afternoon session: 12.15pm-3.15pm
Please contact the school office for more information.