At Caedmon Primary School, we believe leading a healthy active lifestyle is imperative for our pupils. Physical activity and good nutrition helps children: achieve a healthy body weight; build strong bones, muscles and joints and develop fundamental movement skills. Leading a healthy, active lifestyle can also reduce the risk of serious diseases.
How do we, Caedmon Primary School, promote a Healthy Active Lifestyle for our children?
- PE lessons weekly.
- Activities at break and lunch time, led by Playground Leaders and Sports Leaders.
- We run a breakfast club with fun, physical activities, and we offer a healthy breakfast – please contact our school office for more information.
- Healthy nutrition is taught as part of our wider curriculum.
- A healthy packed lunch guide is in place, to ensure children are getting a nutritious lunch.
- Healthy school meals.
- We offere a range of after school clubs that promote fitness and/or mental health and wellbeing.
- Nursery and Reception pupils spend a lot of their day learning outside and getting physical.