At Caedmon Primary School, we recognise that life-long learning takes place in all aspects of people’s lives – not just in the classroom. For the children in our school, learning at home is believed to be an essential part of a good education. Our aim is for children to develop excellent study skills.
Purposes of Homework
Homework is important because it provides a means for our children:
- to consolidate and reinforce what is learnt in the classroom;
- to build up basic skills;
- to become curious and independent learners;
- to develop good study habits; and
- to prepare for the next stage of education.
All pupils from Y1 to Y6 are expected to:
- Read at home each night.
- Learn their weekly spellings.
- Learn the times table/number bonds for that week.
- Year 5 and 6 children also have maths and English study books which contain weekly tasks that match the curriculum.
For more information about homework and study skills, please refer to our policies section and read the ‘Study Skills Policy’.